Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Experience Tour 2008

So, my Great Aunt passed this week. I am just getting back to Ray's after spending the afternoon, crying, laughing, dancing, making love, meeting family, and spittin' some poetry. It is a wonderous feeling, this completeness that surronds me. I have been wary for awhile, ignoring the gut and going for the safe and small. Well now, I'm tired of waiting. I met Gnarls Barkeley yesterday during a program with the Grammy Academy, and what they said and what my cousin from Virginia said are echoing loudly in my mind.

Gnarls Barkeley: "Work for yourself. Nobody's going to give you a free hand out, and most of the time, they will only support you if they know you're going to do this on your own, one way or another. Be unique and be persistent!"

Marian: "Stop ignoring that voice and do it! You've got something to offer and we're proud of you!"

I'm ready, big ol' universe, for something fantastic to occur in my life!
I'm ready for success!
I'm ready to listen and grow and change and become all that it is I was meant to become!

*************************************************
The Experience Tour 2008 featuring Spoken Word Artists Michelle Desiree, Faylita Hicks, Stacie Shea, and Selah Vie, will be kicking off December of 2008!
*************************************************

It is my personal opinion that this is the perfect moment to do something different. Such as listen to my gut and walk the path so perfectly laid before me. This is my passion. This is my calling. To spit is not just a gourging of emotions, it is a way in which to bring a community together and tell the stories that inspire us to continue from day to day. This is God speaking through me and to me and about me. Excuses are over rated and faith unconfided in.

*************************************************
A Poet's Tribe Productions will be celebrating the New Year with a Premiere Production! Expect to get the experience of a lifetime!
*************************************************

These are my dreams here, in my hands. The lines faded and knuckles cracked and bleeding.
These are my stories and my hopes and my desires, leaking like rivers into canyons crossed. These are my wings, muscles tightened and pumping and ready to stretch and dip and dive into something incredible.
These are mine. This here, this moment, is mine.

************************************************
The most incredible gifts you can give a lost soul, is an ear and a pen and a pad. Give them the choice to speak on it. -Workshops on Writing, Stage Presence, Inspiration now available.
************************************************

Did I say I was hittin' the dusty trail? Pickin up my sense of self and letting her take the wheel? Did I mention I was just on MLK, soaking up the highbeams of some SUV, when it occured to me... the light was green. How long had I been waiting for that?

No comments: