Sunday, September 21, 2008

Musings

The secret to life is... keep breathing. I think.

This has been a lovely weekend of writing and reflection and observation. I've got some great beginnings for new poems, some great edits and feedback and look forward to having them all nicely cut up and prepared for their debuts.

I'm reading this incredibly inspiring book by Jane Hirschfield for my poetry class, and it's definitely help me to keep an open mind. I find myself more and more preferring my own company or that of a book. Gives me enough time to really jump into concentration and discover exactly what poems and thoughts and images and statements are laying wait in my fingers.

*******************************************************************
My voice is currently very gone, due to Friday Night Lights and being sick and all of that fun jazz... Have to spend the week recuperating and working on ways to make it till pay day.

*******************************************************************
Wondering what I should do for 1) my 23rd birthday on Halloween... needs to be awesome!
2) Election Day- I want to be somewhere, with some peeps, digesting numbers on CNN and sipping something
3) The Heroes Premiere: yes, I am an avid Heroes fan, and I freakin love comics... I love nerds... really.
4) For dinner tonight. I'm like really hungry. Have literally sat here since 11 am, writing and editing all of poetry and now it's like 7pm. Right, so I'm gonna go get a life, a snack, and do some homework.

Peace and Nuts and Berries!!!!!

1 comment:

Shelle said...

yes to FNL!! and yes i think that is the secret too...glad the writing is coming along well.