Saturday, October 18, 2008

blurb about nothing

Hola internet world... nice to have the time to breathe again, if only for a second. I'm resting at my friends place right now. Breathing as it is. It's actually quite nice to take a break for a moment. From school, from slam, from my life. Get my priorities straight as I try to figure out how I'm going to keep my vehicle, get together my grad applications and do this tour. I think what's going to be essential to these next few weeks is putting the focus in the right places. School being of the most importance, and everything else just kinda along for the ride. If I remember these things, I should do pretty well I think.

Been writing like crazy... for class, or for possible submission into a numnber of magazines.... whichever. Currently reading Beloved, and I am loving it. I know, I know, I should probably have already read that by now... but I'm a late bloomer.


Freewrite 8,949

Falling in love again with the sounds of the stereo
the horns dancing in the background as I tap
tap tap to epiphany
"I can end the planet in a holocaust"
It's eerily familiar and frightening and invigorating.
the idea that me, just me, little ol me could change the world
with an idea
it's strange and it makes me hungry

No comments: